words of encouragement

It isn't fate that puts on weight--it's food, food, food.

A boiled dinner will make you thinner, but run and hide from one that's fried.


You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.

Dieting is not a piece of cake.

Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake.

Progress Not Perfection


No matter who you are, no matter what you do, you absolutely, positively do have the power to change.


Focus on how you will become successful today and forget about the setbacks from yesterday.

Monday 26 April 2010

22nd Aprils Weigh in

Hello Ladies,

Another good week to be had by all. Not one of us has gained weight. We have two losers and the rest are maintainers!!

I put this down to team work and everyone looking out for each other, unless you can unwrap a Terrys chocolate Orange in your pocket, then you've got no chance of cheating - In the office that is!!!!

As well as the usual Fat Fighters we have two more followers, Liz and Clare, both run for Astley and Tyldesley Road Runners, and have said they are loving the blog. Liz says it hilarious??? Not sure whats so funny about starving 24 / 7 ;)

As I am writing this Blog, Fran will be taking to the streets, after not running for a few weeks due to muscle strain, she has decided to put those trainers on and test her muscles! Good luck Fran and no doubt we will have another losers on Friday!!!

Remember its a Bank Holiday weekend, and so we need to try and be extra good this week and lose as much as possible, then we can take our foot off the gas and not have to worry about how many burgers we eat over the weekend - Well maybe I shouldn't put it like that, me being your leader and the person you look upto for support and guidance!!! Anyway, you know what I mean.

Hey, I got spotted on Friday, was in Asda and the lady on the till said "Hi, I didn't recognise you with your hair straight" I just smiled and thought, "who the FCUK, are you???" It turns out, she recognised me off GMTV, its seems I'm some what of a star in my local "village"!!

Back to the nitty gritty :
Biggest losers for this week are Claire and Vanessa, both losing 2lb each - Will email your certificates, as still cant work out how to attach them - shocking as it may seem, I'm not good at everything!! ;)

I need to apologise to Bev, again, for still not programming her in on the new scales, Ive let you down and promise to "sort the job" this week.

Now the BBQ season is here I thought I'd attach some food for thought - click the links, but make sure you have a tissue to wipe your mouth!!

http://www.gm.tv/videos/?vxClipId=1441_gmtv_3785

http://www.gm.tv/videos/?vxClipId=1441_gmtv_3768

Enjoy and good luck for Fridays weigh in!! xxxxx

0 comments: