words of encouragement

It isn't fate that puts on weight--it's food, food, food.

A boiled dinner will make you thinner, but run and hide from one that's fried.


You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.

Dieting is not a piece of cake.

Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake.

Progress Not Perfection


No matter who you are, no matter what you do, you absolutely, positively do have the power to change.


Focus on how you will become successful today and forget about the setbacks from yesterday.

Sunday 14 February 2010

Week 5 - Team photo

Hi Ladies,

I hope wev'e all had a good week / Valentines weekend? As you can see, the team photo is now on the blog. I will try to personalise as much as I can, I did mention the before and during pictures fro GMTV, this got me thinking, (Stop!!!! I hear you cry, but sometimes I do have good ideas!) we could have one of our own. Each week I could focus on some one and how well they done, in the hope it will inspire us even more!!!

This weeks stats are as follows :

Only two losers this week, Biggest loser is Elaine, with a 2lb loss!! well done, closely followed by, yours truely, with a 1lb loss. It all counts. We have 4 maintainers, which is also brilliant, as these 4 have either already had a considerable loss, are within their target and so are just kepping it steady.

We do have 2 gainers though, I know Claire is disapointed as she had been going to the gym all week and expected to lose again - Don't give up, give it a few weeks at the gym to kick start your metabolism and you'll be losing again in no time!! Remember, even though you go to the gym, you still have to eat healthily and at the right times, not at 9 O'clock at night!!

Ann is our other gainer, for the second week. I think you may need to relook at what your eatting, and check out the calorie / nutritional info on the pack. Although a veggie burger sounds healthy, I have a feeling there could be hidden fat in it, not forgetting the bread - shock horror. I can almost hear Emma screaming at the computer screen (she has issues with bread, its the devil in Emmas eyes!!) Maybe you should plan your meals even down to the snacks you allow yourself. This way you only buy what you plan to eat and even if your peckish there's nothing you can do about it!! - WORKS FOR ME

My Hubby is on an extreme health kick at the mo and has put together a really simple, quick and healthy evening meal.

Fresh, Rice Noodles, strips of chicken breast and sweet chilli sauce.
Its easy and all done in the same frying pan and then pour the sweet chilli sauce over to coat the noodles - Rice noodles have less carlories that usual egg noodles and taste Dlish!!

For breakfast I am still raving about my 1 toast and poached egg - keeps hunger locked up till lunch and thats a fact!!

I interupt this blog to let you know I have just seen myself on GMTV's weight loss club!! shocking!!!, will post the link then you can have a gander!!!

Anyway, its valentines nite, my Hubby and I have just had a lovely soak in the bath together whilst sipping pink Lanson!!! I shall join him down stairs now for a cuddle!!!

Good luck for Fridays weigh in!! xxx

http://www.gm.tv/lifestyle/

0 comments: